Saturday 29 August 2015

My Only Arch!

Hello and I hope you're enjoying the weekend.

My card today Is made with two stamps that I've never used before.  The topper is a La Blanche foam stamp that I water coloured  and then inked round the edge with Distress inks.  I put some Glossy Accents onto the arch only, but unfortunately it doesn't show up well in the photo.

I really had to search to find an arch.  This is all I had in the whole of my stash - stamps, dies and masks!

The background was made with  Peacock Feathers, Pumice Stone and Vintage Photo Distress inks which were spritzed with water then smooched onto the card and dried with my heat gun.  I stamped a swirly stamp onto the background with Pumice stone then stamped the butterflies with Black Archival ink.

I couldn't decide what colour to do the three main butterflies so I stamped some randomly onto the scrap paper that I'd used when doing the water colouring. That seemed to work so I fussy cut three.  The antennae were tricky to cut so I made some with two strands of embroidery thread knotted at each end and I put a tiny gem on each head,  The sentiment, which is cut twice is a Clearly Besotted die.

I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges:-
Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge which is this week  "A for Archway"
The Alphabet Challenge blog "N for no Design Papers"

18 comments:

Carol L said...

This has a great vintage feel with all those pretty blended colors, and I love the bright white sentiment too. You've done better than me - I have NO archway images at all! LOL

KT Fit Kitty said...

You found an arch! I need to search my stash for an arch! Your card is beautiful and I love the butterflies!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a lovely image and your vintage colouring really suits the theme. I love the tiny butterflies you have used too.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

Wow Barb, you have come up trumps indeed for this card. I love the stamp and how you have used it and also the butterfly background. 10/10. Thankyou for fluttering by my Archway Challenge.hugs Mrs A.

Patricia said...

Hello Barb, a great card, love the theme, colours and design.
Thank you for your visit, really appreciate you stopping by.
Enjoy what's left of the weekend,
Patricia x

Sue Jones said...

I Love it - lovely colour combo and well done on finding an arch - I have hundreds of stamps buy i KNOW i dont have one - do i need one??? oo I might !

Lisa Andersson said...

Hello Barb, what a fab card!! love the colors and what you have done with the butterflies. Thank you for your visit and your very kind comments. Have a nice day! Hugs Lisa

Sarn said...

Ooh that's a lovely card Bab and I think the colours you chose are just right.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Erika said...

Hi Barb, love your distressing, great focal point and who doesn't love butterflies?
Super card, happy crafting!

Hugs Erika.

Tammy said...

WOW Barb this is stunning! I love the smooched background and the beautiful butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

Jenni's Jems said...

Love the vintage feel of your card Barb and thank you for letting me know about my top pick .Your card is a definite winner in my eyes !x

Hettie said...

This is lovely Barb. I love the colours you used. bold yet delicate.
So lovely.
xx

Karen Petitt said...

This is gloriously beautiful Barb! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog too and am now following you too. I had a bit of a shock when I read where you live though, lol, I'm in Brackley Northants and that is one spooky connection, love your beautiful photos of your companions too Karen x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Great card Barb....great stamps and colours....Joolsx

Cazro said...

A gorgeous creted background, completes a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us atAlphabet Challenges. . Caz DT.

Anne said...

I love the colors you've used, and background you have made is amazing. Love the butterflies too.
Thanks for taking part in the Butterfly Challenge.
Hugs Anne ,GD

Greta said...

Beautiful colors & I love the butterflies! Great idea for the antennae!

Helen said...

Love the background you've created - very elegant.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen N x